Once you have been issued an official acceptance, please complete the following items in your MyAmeriCorps portal:
- Complete a Travel Request Profile (TRP) - This will let the state office know your planned method of travel to/from Pre-Service Orientation (PSO). Please note that the preferred method of travel is by airplane if the event is located in another state. It is extremely important that you complete the TRP immediately as this completes your registration for the PSO. If you fail to do so you may not to be registered for the PSO and thus not be able to attend/begin service at the planned time.
- Note: Please make sure that your name in the MyAmeriCorps portal matches the name on your driver’s license. If it does not match, you should note how your name appears on your driver’s license in the comment section of the TRP form.
- Please complete the following forms:
- Direct Deposit
- W-4 Form
- End of Service Option (Education Award $5,815 or Stipend $1,500)
- Designation of Beneficiary of Unpaid Compensation
- VISTA Terms, Conditions, and Benefits (TCB) online course – Candidate will need to complete the VISTA TCB course online. The TCB course is located at www.vistacampus.org. You will need to create an account on the VISTA campus.
- V-81 (Use of Vehicles and Public Transportation Form) – This document must be completed by any VISTA that will be engaged in service-related travel. Please ensure that the description of purpose of travel simply states “for VISTA service-related travel”.
If you have any questions about whether your student loans qualify for forbearance or deferment and interest repayment you can use THIS document as a resource.
Below you'll see a link to download our Google Form. The purpose of this Google Form is to give you an overview of AmeriCorps VISTA and the EMERGE VISTA program. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to your Program Manager - Kristen Washington.
What is Capacity Building?
VISTA defines capacity building as tasks or activities used to create, expand or strengthen an organization’s systems or processes. These task and activities include the transfer of knowledge, relationships and products. Some examples of capacity building include the following:
Tell Us More...
Use the comment box below to introduce yourself to the group and tell us what drew you to VISTA.